Login:
Username: Password:
User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: x series needs to get better, downhill ever since x6

Pages: 1 2

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

Stream: At my age, I qualify for Interordi's socia...

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Level: 1 [What's this?]
Posted on October 7, 2005 at 23:00:03 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Manchester Devil
The only X series game I haven't played yet is X4 but I have to say that despite their flaws, X5 and X6 came out as really interesting with everything up to X6 showing the world what the X series can do if in the right hands.

Then whoever wrote the X7 and X8 scripts comes along and created disasters whilst chugging paint thinner. X7 was mediocre with a helping of character assassination for X and general unmemorability and X8, despite having better gameplay (just), the script and plot were a joke IE: Sigma's telephone call, more character assassination, this time for Zero and Vile. Add in a truly awful cypher in the shape of Lumine just drags it all down.

Haven't completed CM but the only new character who gets my eye is Massimo, I like to see him in another X series game but I don't think that's going to happen, neither would the ultimate comeback of Dr. Wily or whether or not X and Alia get together because people don't care. This annoys me a lot.

Axl is rubbish, we all know this. Why is he still here? Carnivac should really slap him silly for his pseudo-badass attitude that convinces no one but his (Axl's) blinkered fans.

Okay first off it was nice to see Vile back second X8's story wasn't that bad I mean they were definetly Stoned with X7 but X8 turned out okay lastly Axl wasn't a horrible idea they just needed a better edge. (plus I never could have beaten Botos without him)

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Manchester Devil
Devil Knight

Posted on October 8, 2005 at 15:15:23 [Post link]

If you compared Vile's X8 appearance to his appearances in X1 and X3, it really stinks of character assassination and pointless fanw*nk. He might as well being Dynamo in disguise for all I care. Vile is supposed to be a psychopath gunning for X, not Sigma's boyscout.

As for Lumine, maybe he's better than Gate, Dr. Doppler, Berkana, the X Hunters and Colonel all put together? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one me. His grand plan seems to be: "Make a run for the bad guy's throne when X and Zero give Sigma his normal, everyday kicking whilst talking complete rubbish". He just comes across as an ungrateful, big headed dork.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 8, 2005 at 17:41:15 [Post link]

Quote:
If you compared Vile's X8 appearance to his appearances in X1 and X3, it really stinks of character assassination and pointless fanw*nk. He might as well being Dynamo in disguise for all I care. Vile is supposed to be a psychopath gunning for X, not Sigma's boyscout.

As for Lumine, maybe he's better than Gate, Dr. Doppler, Berkana, the X Hunters and Colonel all put together? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good one me. His grand plan seems to be: "Make a run for the bad guy's throne when X and Zero give Sigma his normal, everyday kicking whilst talking complete rubbish". He just comes across as an ungrateful, big headed dork.

You know talking to yourself is a syptom you're insane. And Lumine had an okay appearance and if we're lucky if X9 ever comes no more sigma :D

Hey beautiful people, you're better off trying to e-mail me than message me on here.

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on October 8, 2005 at 20:28:54 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Dranzer.exe
Quote:

You know talking to yourself is a syptom you're insane. And Lumine had an okay appearance and if we're lucky if X9 ever comes no more sigma :D

Sigma will be in the numbered X games for all time.
And insanity does not exist actually, read Wind's 'Time and Tangibility Revived' thread.

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Manchester Devil
Devil Knight

Posted on October 10, 2005 at 22:59:02 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Cossack
Quote:
Originally posted by HollowTorment
I think it's been downhill since X4. :o

X3 was the last awesome X game.

And for the record, in my opinion, X3 was the worst X game. :P

Has the good Doctor played X7? X7 is complete and utter pants, an insult to everything the X series stands for! The war criminals responsible must be shot!

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 11, 2005 at 16:52:52 [Post link]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think it's been downhill since X4. :o

X3 was the last awesome X game.

Has the good Doctor played X7? X7 is complete and utter pants, an insult to everything the X series stands for! The war criminals responsible must be shot!

That's his opinion Manchester, he's entitled to one.

Manchester Devil
Devil Knight

Posted on October 12, 2005 at 0:05:10 [Post link]

I was asking a question. That is all.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more
Stream: Season's Greetings!

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Level: 32 [What's this?]
Posted on October 12, 2005 at 0:21:26 [Post link]

Quote:
Quote:

I haven't touched X7, but from what I heard, it might very well be the worst one... However, I can't say that until I've had a chance to play it myself!

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

ForteXX
Superstar!

Posted on October 12, 2005 at 19:54:59 [Post link]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't touched X7, but from what I heard, it might very well be the worst one... However, I can't say that until I've had a chance to play it myself!
I personally liked X7 I thought it gave a new 3d demention to the X series as well as the voice acting.But I did not like Axl's voice I thought it sounded gay

Vroom, Vroooom.
I'll update this later.

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 12, 2005 at 21:09:32 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by ForteXX
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I personally liked X7 I thought it gave a new 3d demention to the X series as well as the voice acting.But I did not like Axl's voice I thought it sounded gay

I heard a rumor Michael Jackson did it, *joke* X7 was sort of fun in a way but the bosses sucked honestly the only good ones were Soldier Stonekong and Red.

Mystic
Superstar!

Posted on October 17, 2005 at 14:19:23 [Post link]

Well, the bosses are only going to get worse because they have done megaman for so many years that they are probably running low on ideas (Optic sunflower, what the heck?!?!)

Wow... its been so long since ive been on here... 04.07.2010

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 17, 2005 at 17:08:11 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystic
Well, the bosses are only going to get worse because they have done megaman for so many years that they are probably running low on ideas (Optic sunflower, what the heck?!?!)
What's next elastic baboon maybe Ornage orangutang

Mystic
Superstar!

Posted on October 18, 2005 at 14:05:22 [Post link]

Yeah, some random crap like that.

Man-eating Paperclip would be both hilarious and ridiculous!

Wow... its been so long since ive been on here... 04.07.2010

Morphman
Niz-Da

Stream: Arumon=Dog?

NetNavi:
Mewy.EXE
Z-license
Level: 35 [What's this?]
Posted on October 18, 2005 at 14:12:00 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystic
Yeah, some random crap like that.

Man-eating Paperclip would be both hilarious and ridiculous!

If they stick to animaloids, I say: The Blues Bonobo's... 0_o

All hail the Supreme Comrade Cossack!

Unknown

Posted on October 26, 2005 at 20:26:08 [Post link]

Post redacted

Black Dranzer.exe
World Traveler

NetNavi:
Black Dranzer.EXE
Z-license
Posted on October 27, 2005 at 17:05:38 [Post link]

[quote]Originally posted by NewWindRider~
lo

Personally... anyone who LOVES X7 needs to burn. BURN!!! BURN!!! BURN!!! BURN!!!

[Edited on 10/27/2005 by NewWindRider~] [/quote] I don't think anybody could like that At least X8 was a step up from that.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on October 29, 2005 at 9:32:41 [Post link]

Quote:
What's next elastic baboon

:rofl:

That really had me laughing for some reason. Elastic Baboon... XD

FlareMan
DMN #007

Posted on November 25, 2005 at 0:26:42 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mega X.exe
In fact, I thought it was pretty crappy to perfectly honest.

To each his own. But me being a rabid X8 fan I still have to insult your intelligence for it. :p So, yeah. Yer dumb. XD

Quote:
Originally posted by ForteXX
I personally thought all the games were great except for X8 that had a horrible story line to me that is because they got rid of Sigma which I thought was stupid and thate game was way to short for me I beat it in about 2 hours

Spoiler (highlight to read):
O_o They didn't get rid of Sigma in X8. He's there.

Now, I think I'll do something like Black Dranzer did...

X1- Awesome. It was the first game and it really rocked for a premier.

X2- Not a big fan. I don't hate it, but I don't love it, either.

X3- Way awesome! I love how you can shoot twice to make one really powerful spreading attack, and eventually...

X can get Zero's sabre if you know what to do. ;D

X4- Okay. I put it up with X2 but I do like this one a bit. After all, it finally introduced Zero as a main completely-controllable character, and he was finally using the Sabre as his main weapon! This is what I loved most about the game, since now you could not only blast your enemies into oblivion, but slash and hack them into tiny peices as well! I just love how Zero swings his sabre in midair.

X5- One of my favorite games, actually. A big step-up from X4 in that you weren't stuck with one character through the entire game. True, you didn't have instant switching like Xtreme2 or the X7+beyond games, it was still a nice addition to be able to pick one character or the other for different levels. I also liked the storyline. You had to really try your best in each stage because any second the colony was gonna come crashing down! So, yes. X5 = definitely a personal favorite.

X6- I hate this game... I hate it with a passion. The only thing saving this game from being sold off or just plain hacked up with an axe is the fact that it's a MEGAMAN game, period. And my personal motto is "ANY MegaMan game is worth keeping.". They're just that much better than most other games. XD

X7- I actually liked this game, considering all the bad reviews. Zero sucked like god knows what in this game, but X on the other hand totally PWN'd. The music was REALLY catchy, (The Tunnel Base tune is one of my top favorites.) and the whole climbing-walls in 3-dimensional space didn't get as botched up as I thought it would. Shame that you don't really use it as much as you did in the previous games.

X8- GENIUS... PURE GENIUS. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. X8 returned us to platforming style, but gave us all the cutting-edge look of a 3-D game without botching it up too badly. The mavericks were awesome, (Pandamonium was HUGE!) and Zero could get radical new weapons to fight with!

(KAISER KNUCKLE!!! >8D)

This game should be on your Christmas list if you don't have it allready. And that is my honest opinion.

[Edited on 26-11-2005 by FlareMan]

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

Badges: Princess Celestia Unity.EXE emblem Zenny Squid beaker Lilly Satou ... and 25 more

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on November 25, 2005 at 3:36:07 [Post link]

Be careful with the spoilers!

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

FlareMan
DMN #007

Posted on November 26, 2005 at 0:41:54 [Post link]

Quote:
Be careful with the spoilers!

Ee, err, whoops! Heheh, fixed up some stuff...

Though, I don't see why that first one needs to be a spoiler...

After all, you KNOW Sigma's always gonna be the cause of anything that EVER goes wrong in the X-series... He's as cliche as Dr. Wily!!!

[Edited on 26-11-2005 by FlareMan]

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

The_Red_Maverick
Servbot

Posted on March 3, 2006 at 5:29:52 [Post link]

about X3 was the best.. umm.. hell yeah.. My faves are X1, X2, and X3!!!!!!!!!!! after that it just wasn't as hot anymore.. X3 was GREAT

Tri-Edge
Bobo

Stream: Your FACE!!!

NetNavi:
Kuskus.EXE
Z-license
Posted on March 11, 2006 at 2:25:53 [Post link]

I think about X6 was as good as it got. When X7 hit the shelves and I heard that it was in 3D, I about cried! Where has my 2D gone!?

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on March 11, 2006 at 4:06:29 [Post link]

I still want to know how anyone could believe X4 to be the "best" one in the series. X1 was the best, hands down. They shouldn't have made any sequels, but this IS Capcom we're talking about here. :lol:

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Ship Captain

NetNavi:
Unity.EXE
SSS-license
Posted on March 12, 2006 at 5:40:43 [Post link]

Quote:
I still want to know how anyone could believe X4 to be the "best" one in the series. X1 was the best, hands down. They shouldn't have made any sequels, but this IS Capcom we're talking about here. :lol:

Things I like about X4 over X1:

- Better music
- Better stages
- Two playable characters
- More plot elements

I found X1 rather dull all around. Nothing really stands out. The whole game is not bad, really, but it's... flat.

These are all my opinion, of course. Feel free to disagree.

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!

Stream: Huzzah!
Posted on March 12, 2006 at 5:43:41 [Post link]

I think this mechanic was lost in the 32 bit games, but I liked the feel of inertia that was present in the first three...For instance, in Armored Armadillos' stage, jumping off of the cart at the beginning while it was in motion would send you FLYING straight forward!

Pages: 1 2

New topic Reply