User options:

New topic Reply

Topic: Zero Poll, Why do you like him?

Pages: 1 2

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet

Stream: Wha wha wheeee wha wheee~
Posted on December 4, 2003 at 19:46:00 [Post link]

Even if you don't like him as much as X, I have noticed that everyone seems to be OK with Zero. So, WHY do you like Zero?

EDIT: Excuse the jargon (madgo and such) in my poll. I was unaware that you could not post smilies in polls.

[Edited on 4-12-2003 by Heatman.EXE]

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Unknown

Posted on December 4, 2003 at 20:16:20 [Post link]

Post redacted

SPT Layzner
The Blue Comet

Stream: Games of the moment: Gundam EXVS and TF: FoC

NetNavi:
SPTLayzner.EXE
Z-license
Level: 6 [What's this?]
Posted on December 4, 2003 at 22:04:43 [Post link]

I prefered his buster, but his saber was cool...

Zera
Zera

Stream: Hello Neighbor.
Posted on December 4, 2003 at 22:59:18 [Post link]

I don't like Zero at all because he took over the series with his "love" with Iris and I hate him now. Before, I liked him, a lot better, but not just because X was still the star in the X series then, but because that that he was a lot more powerful. Back then, his buster was stronger than X's! And I mean a lot stronger.

o hay

CronoT2
Rogue Hunter

Stream: Whatever
Posted on December 5, 2003 at 7:00:14 [Post link]

I've never liked Zero as much as X, but I have considered him to be one of my favorite characters (after Protoman and Metalman).

I was seriously disappointed in his debut in X3. He was like a slower clumsier version of X and his triple shot took to long to charge up. Zero wasn't even worth using in that game.

In X5, getting to use the saber was fun, but I didn't see why some people made such a big deal about it. His buster was just pathetic though and was seldom useful for those times when you really needed a ranged attack.

However running into some of the more fanatical Zero fans in some forums did sour my attitude towards him (the fact that all the X games now seem to center around Zero didn't help either).

What really pissed me off was Zero's miraculous appearance in X6. I wouldn't have been so upset if he had only appeared at the end of game, but I found it stupid that they had him appear after you beat the Nightmare Zero. Why would he appear then? Why not before and deal with the imposter himself? IF it was because he thought the Nightmare was a trick to draw him out into the open, why does still appear after Nightmare Zero is beaten since whoever was trying to draw him out was still at large, especially since it means the Nightmare Zero accomplished it's purpose? Zero wasn't even really necesary for the plot of the game (except for that piece of him that infected Gate with the virus).

I don't know, I just don't like Zero as much as I used to anymore.

Kei
Banned

Stream: eat me! I dare ya!
Posted on December 5, 2003 at 15:11:17 [Post link]

Because Nightmare Zero was the Zero Nightmare, developed by Gate through abnormal cloning experiments, and it tried to take on the role of Zero. but, X, rejecting him, decided to kill him. I think that the real zero appeared because Capcom probably didn't want it to seem weird if 2 Zero's were running about.

Initially, I believe Capcom wanted Zero to show up anyway.

It would have been nice to play as Nightmare Zero though. He has so many cool attacks. Oh, that's why I like Zero by the way.

MegamanZero66
PS3 Trophy betch.

Stream: Ezio! <3
Posted on December 7, 2003 at 17:30:41 [Post link]

i absolutly LOVE zero! i like evrething about him!:D its not like i hate x, but i think zero is better. i've always liked his attitude, so many games he gave up his life for his friends.... i like his saber, buster, his hair, evreything...
the nightmare was too easy to beat, if i played as him, i would get attacked once, and then die! he was SO easy to beat on X6! :zzz:

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on December 8, 2003 at 2:42:03 [Post link]

Quote:
Originally posted by MegamanZero66
i absolutly LOVE zero! i like evrething about him!:D its not like i hate x, but i think zero is better. i've always liked his attitude, so many games he gave up his life for his friends.... i like his saber, buster, his hair, evreything...
the nightmare was too easy to beat, if i played as him, i would get attacked once, and then die! he was SO easy to beat on X6! :zzz:

Keep in mind though, he was a cold-blooded killer of mavericks until X4 when he killed Iris.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

CronoT2
Rogue Hunter

Stream: Whatever
Posted on December 8, 2003 at 6:52:48 [Post link]

Zero is still cold blooded when it comes to killing. I doubt he would hesitate in trying to kill X if they fought. Naturally he would regret it afterwards, but how he feels about a person never factors into how he fights or his feelings about fighting.

Interstingly enough, Zero seems to be distancing himself from the other characters some.

I don't know why, but Zero never really impressed me that much. Other than some cool attacks, there really wasn't much to him. Sure he'd sacrifice himself for his friends, but it's not like he's the only person who has that trait. You know X would do the same, but heaven forbid Capcom do anything to show taht. Doppler wasn't even friends with X and Zero and he sacrificed himself to try and stop Sigma in X3.

I'm not sure Zero has an interest in defeating the MAvericks for good, outside of the handful of people he may not want to see get killed by them, and only really fights them because it's his job and it's theonly thing he knows how to do.

Kei
Banned

Stream: eat me! I dare ya!
Posted on December 8, 2003 at 15:40:31 [Post link]

Hmm...well, you can't forget that Zero was born a mav with the
  Spoiler (highlight to read):

infamous Zero virus that made people maverick

He was also developed by
Dr. Wily
to murder the original cast, so I doubt that
Wily
would have taken into account the fact that more Reploids would show up, or that
Sigma would defeat him (Wily is conceited after all) and purge his programming...and then get the virus himself, turning Z into a 'good guy'

Maybe some of Zero's earlier programming still lingers...I dunno:zzz:

-0-
Lil' metool

Stream: Hyper
Posted on December 23, 2003 at 17:39:09 [Post link]

Zero looks cooler than X, espessialy the new style.

Breakman
1st Class Purifier Unit

Stream: I can fix it!

NetNavi:
Cookie.EXE
Z-license
Level: 4 [What's this?]
Posted on December 23, 2003 at 17:57:05 [Post link]

Why can't he die?!

Zero: Breakman, what are you doing?
Breakman: *stabbing Zero in the back with a combat knife from Resident Evil* Trying to kill you.
Zero: Oh. ... Good luck. *walks off*

Breakman just stands there crying.

[Edited on 12/23/2003 by Breakman]

S.T.Z.
Hello Zombie

Stream: ******
Posted on December 23, 2003 at 18:20:02 [Post link]

I like Zero because of the kick ass attacks, ...The swords kewl. I perfer the newer verson although. *cough*

#mmpc lurker
I request that Doc bans every single last member of this board, then does a merry little dance in his underwear. Just for the hell of it. Don't copy and paste this into your signiture.
note; I don't post much anymore.

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here

Posted on December 23, 2003 at 18:51:51 [Post link]

The cold-blooded killer is thinking why he chose to fight. Something's not right. That was one of X's only spotlights. In MMX1, he's looking into the night off a cliff, wondering why he chose to fight. They should have kept it how it was in MMX1. Now he's the main character in the X series AND the Zero series!

Zera
Zera

Posted on December 23, 2003 at 20:16:55 [Post link]

[quote]Originally posted by Breakman
Why can't he die?!

Zero: Breakman, what are you doing?
Breakman: *stabbing Zero in the back with a combat knife from Resident Evil* Trying to kill you.
Zero: Oh. ... Good luck. *walks off*

Breakman just stands there crying.

[Edited on 12/23/2003 by Breakman] [/quote]

Because Capcom doesn't want him to die. :P :lol:

o hay

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!

Stream: Ask me about GSCOM!
Posted on December 23, 2003 at 20:24:41 [Post link]

On the contrary, it's all a conspiracy. He obviously can't die, as has been proven throughout the games. We all know the dreaded 'GAME OVER' screen. But did you know this screen also multi-functions as a life supporter? When ever a player slips up, and Zero is scattered across the cosmos in the form of green energy bubbles, the wonderful 'GAME OVER' screen comes up, to prevent you from becoming the laughing stock whom actually killed Zero. Can you imagine what would happen if you killed Zero so badly that he dissappeared? What would your friends think if they turned on their beloved PS2 to play an X game, and all that game up was X and a picture of a gravestone reading "R.I.P Zero"? Yes, that's why, in a wonderful conspiracy, the 'GAME OVER' screen is responsible for Zero's immortality.:lol:

Anyways, I like Zero for his inability to die.:D

Join the DevART Megaman Legends Club:
http://megaman-legends-club.deviantart.com

Zera
Zera

Posted on December 23, 2003 at 20:28:11 [Post link]

Umm... No. In X1, he died (For good). He only came back because he was built again.

o hay

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!

Posted on December 23, 2003 at 20:30:51 [Post link]

Gah! Why does my inexperience with X games always haunt me!?:madgo:

You mean rebuilt from the ground up? Or was anything salvaged? No memories or anything?:conf:

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on December 24, 2003 at 18:03:37 [Post link]

By rebuilt, he means slapping all the other parts together and turning him on. now mind/hard drive wipes or anything.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

"You've never considered yourself much of a music person, which means you'll have a lot of adjusting to do after a high-speed collision with a harpsichord leaves you tragically harmonious."

AimMan v2.5
Superstar!

Posted on December 25, 2003 at 3:04:16 [Post link]

Well, if any of his memories/emotions were salvaged, then technically, the first Zero is still alive. Is that right?:conf:

Unknown

Posted on December 25, 2003 at 3:11:03 [Post link]

Post redacted

Zero EXE
Infected Data

Stream: ...efiL nI thaP nwO yM roF gnikooL
Posted on December 25, 2003 at 18:13:48 [Post link]

He's right, that is as simple as it gets. And they did not slap the parts together. Dr. Cain had his memory chip and X risked his life to retreive his lost parts so he could see his best friend again. Trust ol' Zero EXE! He knows what he's talking about. I love Zero. He is the coolest. Ask me more of his origin and I will tell you all you need to know about him. And for you others who hate Zero, HOW CAN YOU! He is the coolest character! God, you have no respest for him.

Mega X.exe
Forum Nun

Posted on December 25, 2003 at 23:07:23 [Post link]

Zero is *not* the coolest character, he killed his girlfriend for crying out loud, how is that cool? He stole X's series, I hate him for that.

Weekly Horoscope
Cancer

Jun 22 - Jul 22

shogunskey
Servbot

Stream: has Zero fever
Posted on May 20, 2005 at 16:08:13 [Post link]

i like everything about Zero not just one aspect

ImageImage

94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature.

BassGospel
Shirt Ninja

Stream: Silent, dangerous, and stylish
Posted on May 20, 2005 at 16:37:48 [Post link]

I like Zero. What can I say? He's a Mav Hunter with a beam saber! He hasn't stolen the X series. You still end up with X kicking everybody's ass.

Sidenote: Why doesn't Zero use his blaster anymore?

Mr.Mettaur
News reporter
Superstar!

Stream: Huzzah!
Posted on May 20, 2005 at 20:01:14 [Post link]

Beam Saber. Other than that, I don't really like him. ^.^ [/Starwarsfanboy]

I agree that he stole X's series. I dislike that. And I liked his voice acting alot in X4. The deep voice DOES NOT work.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk

Stream: NO ON NO ON NO ON
Posted on May 22, 2005 at 1:01:06 [Post link]

I didn't even see this before..

Why I LIKED Zero:
-He was mysterious
-Really powerful
-Helpful to X and his comrades
-His hair :lol:

and that's about it.

I can't stand him now though. Not at all.

MagimanV1.5
4th Cousin to Doc

Stream: Where am I?
Posted on May 25, 2005 at 17:13:38 [Post link]

His awesome beam saber of Kicksyourassedness.

98% of teens have made a "98% of teens" Signature. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're the 2% that finds it stupid.

Zero EXE
Infected Data

Stream: ...efiL nI thaP nwO yM roF gnikooL
Posted on May 26, 2005 at 1:40:06 [Post link]

Bumping? Try to refrain from that.

Note: Reading this, I can't beleive I said that. Let me rephrase my thoughts...

He hasn't taken the X Series. He is a BIG part of it. Isn't it ironic that he was built to counter X, but instead becomes his best friend? It seems like more of the "truth" about Zero is being revealed slowely.

Zero never meant to KILL Iris. He meant to immobalize her. She was overcome with severe depression of the fact that her brother died, she didn't care anymore. Zero had to move her somehow, as his time seems limited, before Sigma blows up the Earth.

Note : In the Manga, Zero doesn't kill her. She shoots herself with a gun to the throat. (I hated how he never seemed to have a helmet in the Manga)

Also, think about it. Zero wasn't programed to feel. Thus, he does not understand what he feels. He's a wreck! He fights Mavericks because he WANTS to. That is the only way he can fight, and fighting is what he does best.

He refuses to die. Although its inevitable, he manages to find his way back. He stays calm, and thinks things through. Well, not always. But that's not the point!

I dunno, I just have an obsession with Zero. He is my favorite, as his background is so dark.

Note : Didn't they say X8 was going to be the last one, and that Sigma dies for good? I remember hearing somewhere that there is an X9 coming. I'm not positive.

Image Do I look like I'm joking?
I didn't want to have to do this, but.....
Read Me!

Random Guy: Who are you? What planet are you from? Who is your leader?
Me: Dude, it's Toast...
Random Guy: Oh...Hello, Toast! Take me to your leader!

Quote of the Week... "Butter Toast! Hello Chicken!"

Quote of the Month... "D.A.R.E. Drugs Are Really Exciting"

MagimanV1.5
4th Cousin to Doc

Stream: Where am I?
Posted on May 26, 2005 at 16:25:35 [Post link]

No. Four DAYS is not bumping. You are incorrect.

98% of teens have made a "98% of teens" Signature. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're the 2% that finds it stupid.

Pages: 1 2

New topic Reply