Interordi Menu
The forums have received a major upgrade! Read on for the details!
Banned
962 posts

Post your useless power-ups.

Mine is Top-Spin from MegaMan III.

Also: Charge Kick.

And: The Light power from Kirby.

s8.invisionfree.com/Kirby_X

All your muffins are belong to us!

1954-2004
Happy 50th Birthday, Godzilla!

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum
Follow the glowing link to find a GREAT Godzilla Message Board!

Net Hunter
Board promotor
Inactive
321 posts

Lighting web for X4.
It just works to paralyze a couple of enemies and thats all
The wind weapon for X in X5
Only usefull for mattrex

Have you thought that megaman 9 might be the last one (where Zero is revealed) why? well the first games used Roman numbers I II III IV V
So maybe the megaman X we know is actually megaman 10!!

Banned
962 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Net Hunter
Lighting web for X4.
It just works to paralyze a couple of enemies and thats all
The wind weapon for X in X5
Only usefull for mattrex

Really? Both are useless.

On Topic: S. Blade and Triad Thunder from X3, Spinning Blade fires two yo-yos that go the opposite direction. And Triad Thunder makes thunder in a tri-angle pattern.

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum

Net Hunter
Board promotor
Inactive
321 posts

Triad thunder is good if you use it as a shield in rhino stage to protect you from the rocks.

The most useless is the helmet in X1, you only use it to get the arm upgrade, wich you can get by zero when he dies so theres no reason for it

Have you thought that megaman 9 might be the last one (where Zero is revealed) why? well the first games used Roman numbers I II III IV V

Banned
962 posts

The abilities in Kirby's Dreamland 3.

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum

Ned Flanders
Lost but Seeking
Inactive
279 posts

Super Metroid's x-ray vision was pretty bad... in fact, a couple of times, I didn't find it and still beat the game pretty easily.

Image Fear the Raven Guild!

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

I'll tell you what's annoying... when you're playing City of Heroes, and you get the Presence Taunt powers while you're using a tanker... My brother did that, he was really angry about it.
Getting Jigglypuff's power with Kirby in Super Smash Brothers. Geez, I find his normal powers more useful than what you get from that.
The SLEEP power in Kirby. I always use it by accident and forget it won't hit... and I fall into the ever-present bottomless chasm...
And also, the power Splash in Pokemon that Magikarp knows, but that's a dead giveaway.

Quote:
Originally posted by Breakman:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

Phatman Dover
[REDACTED]
738 posts

[font=bankgothic Lt BT]What can I say? It's already been done and said.

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/useless.htm

Trust me, these are the most worthless things to get. EVER.[/font]

Reality swirled in a wholly blue manner, revealing absolutely nothing of merit. Things flashed madly in and out of existence like some entirely other sort of phenomena. On a whim, Kurt Vonnegut imploded, taking a sizeable hunk of Massachusetts with him. However, seeing as Massachusetts wasn't entirely sure it existed, the chunk wasn't all that big.

BladeMan.EXE
Just A-Lurkin' Now
Inactive
1624 posts

The elemental armors in MMBN 1 were pretty useless if you ask me. They just didn't offer enough of an advantage in my opinion.

Then there's speed shoes in the Sonic games. I never really made much use of them, either.

The Future of the Net Sprite Comic

My deviantART

~Dwarven Vow #4~
Don't depend on others. Walk on your own two feet.
^ Apply the above to video game help unless you have no other choice.

"94% of all teenagers have tried drugs at one time or another. If you are one of the 6% that haven't, put this message in your signature."

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by BladeMan.EXE
The elemental armors in MMBN 1 were pretty useless if you ask me. They just didn't offer enough of an advantage in my opinion.

They were alright... kinda a prototype if you will. I'll tell you where they goofed up. They put those same armors in MMBN Transmission, and get this: you don't even get to change color or charged attack. That was lame.

Quote:
Saturdays: The day Protoman comes over. He doesn't do or need anything, but Roll insists Rock to sit down and talk to him. So commences the 12-hour awkward silence treatment until Protoman disappears when everybody's back is turned.

HollowTorment
Interordi's Lovable Jerk
4806 posts

Ditto what Phatman said.

"Thou hath wasted thy fucking time." :rofl: (in reference to one of the most useless items ever, a magical cape in Wizards and Warriors for the NES. I have that game..)

Pikachu Master
Master Of All Pikachus
Inactive
56 posts

The useless power-up is PanlGrab. I mean, Lan can give Megsies an AREAGrab, one column to steal, one column to conquer. PanlGrab is useless, I say: ONE panel.

PikachuMaster

Crap....I got Pokemon Sonic-itis..

Skull
skulltorture
Inactive
26 posts

well i guess anything have to do with status up

Unknown
Deleted account

Post redacted

Banned
962 posts

The Dust Crusher is bad.

EDIT: The Humor NaviCust program is the most USELESS power-up!

Helmet in X1: Agree with Net Hunter

[Edited on 10-10-2004 by Kiryu]

1954-2004

I am Zero.......

gojistomp.org/forum

Net Hunter
Board promotor
Inactive
321 posts

You are wrong, the WORST EVER AND EVER powerups are the sleep power in kirby superstar AND THE BIG WINNER IS.... The buble trowing gun in earthworm jim 2

Pikachu master, in fact panel grab is usefull when battling enemies like king man, the pawns dont let you to steal more than 1 panel with areagrab, no matter how many times you use it, panel grab allows you to do something like this:

Yourpanels=x
Enemy panels=0

xxx000
xxxxx0
xxx000

I use it to make protoman use his areagrabs so I can ue my metagells

Nice you agree with me kryu, I also think top spin is useless

[Edited on 21-10-2004 by Net Hunter]

Heatman.EXE
The Red Comet
Inactive
1439 posts

There was some kinda power in Batman for the Gameboy that would make your shots do a sorta crazy upward bend that achieved no purpose whatsoever... now that I think about it, they'd always put it in a place where you'd have to dodge it instead of in a hard to reach place like power-ups normally are. Think that's trying to tell us something?
All the shots were labeled by letters... I think this was like N or S or something.

Quote:

Fusion X
That one guy you know
Inactive
264 posts

The most useless item is the Tri-Emblum on SOTET.

It has no power-ups, can't be refined, and it has no stat changes. Dammit, Souffle for giving me crap!

|----------
|
|
|----
| USION X
|

FlareMan
DMN #007
Inactive
1176 posts

[quote]Originally posted by Pikachu!
Most useless power-up in any game? I think that would have to be the coins in Super Mario Kart. I don't think they do anything! I mean, I never had an instruction book (and yes, I do read the instructions), but what, they give you a 1% speed boost if you have at least 10? That would be the most common idea, but they don't seem to do that. And then it annoyingly flashes red, which actually does draw my attention every so often.
[Edited on 11/2/2004 by Pikachu!] [/quote]

Actually, the coins do serve a purpose. They're like the rings in Sonic the hedgehog. As long as you have rings, you don't get killed when you get hit. Same in Mario Kart. As long as you have coins, you won't spin out whenever another kart collides with you. Ever notice how you collide with another kart, and you lose coins? THAT'S why. They're the only things standing between you, and losing 5 places every time some bastard rear-ends you while being hopped up on 'shrooms.

Now, back on topic, I'd have to say the worst powerup/move ever is Magikarp's "Splash". It's been said before, I know. But it's so rediculously useless, it had to be mentioned AGAIN.

Back from another thousand-year hibernation.

Net Hunter
Board promotor
Inactive
321 posts

[quote]Originally posted by FlareMan
[quote]Originally posted by Pikachu!
Most useless power-up in any game? I think that would have to be the coins in Super Mario Kart. I don't think they do anything! I mean, I never had an instruction book (and yes, I do read the instructions), but what, they give you a 1% speed boost if you have at least 10? That would be the most common idea, but they don't seem to do that. And then it annoyingly flashes red, which actually does draw my attention every so often.
[Edited on 11/2/2004 by Pikachu!] [/quote]

Actually, the coins do serve a purpose. They're like the rings in Sonic the hedgehog. As long as you have rings, you don't get killed when you get hit. Same in Mario Kart. As long as you have coins, you won't spin out whenever another kart collides with you. Ever notice how you collide with another kart, and you lose coins? THAT'S why. They're the only things standing between you, and losing 5 places every time some bastard rear-ends you while being hopped up on 'shrooms.

Now, back on topic, I'd have to say the worst powerup/move ever is Magikarp's "Splash". It's been said before, I know. But it's so rediculously useless, it had to be mentioned AGAIN. [/quote]

Yeah, SPLASH IS THE BIG WINNER!!!

Net Hunter
Board promotor
Inactive
321 posts

No, In silver version hopip also has splash, just like remoraid

Banned
69 posts

what about the earthworm jim's bubble gun?:conf:

"I have tasted the blood of many gods before,they cursed my soul into a great ancient dark,now they shall pay with theyre life"

Banned
69 posts

or magical globes in sonic dx(I know im spamming,but I forgot to say it on the last reply

"I have tasted the blood of many gods before,they cursed my soul into a great ancient dark,now they shall pay with theyre life"

Doctacosa
Admin
SciLab Official
Benevolent Dictator
6316 posts
Princess Celestia
Princess Celestia
Got all items in the AFD2012 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2012
Unity.EXE emblem
Unity.EXE emblem
Defeat Bass.EXE in the AFD2013 event!
Acquired on 1 April 2013
Zenny
Zenny
Unlock all of the main forum features!
Acquired on 1 April 2014
Squid beaker
Squid beaker
Earned all 150 original CL achievements
Acquired on 17 January 2016
Lilly Satou
Lilly Satou
Acquired on 1 April 2012

... and 25 more

Quote:
Originally posted by god slayer
or magical globes in sonic dx(I know im spamming,but I forgot to say it on the last reply

Tip of the day: when you want to add something to a post, simply click the Editbutton next to it instead of doing a whole new post.

The admin formerly known as Dr. Cossack.

I post musings, images and nonsense on Tumblr! I play games on Steam! Add me on either/both, and don't hesitate to ask if you want to play something with me!

"There are only three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and Teej's obsessions." ~ RisingDragon (still true in 2019!)

Smirnoff
Superstar!
Inactive
1069 posts

go easy on him maybe it wont let him log in and it wont let him edit

Samsara
insert pop culture reference here
Inactive
4029 posts

Quote:
Originally posted by Net Hunter

The most useless is the helmet in X1, you only use it to get the arm upgrade, wich you can get by zero when he dies so theres no reason for it
I tend to use that to beat the bosses for the first time, though, so that's useful (Particularly Flame Mammoth). There's also something in Armoured Armadillo's stage that you need the helmet for, but I don't think it's very important.

Banned
69 posts

WATCH OUT MR COSSACK,YOU COULD BE REALLY EXCIJENT, OH ......too late.......:lol:

Banned
69 posts

WATCH OUT MR COSSACK,YOU COULD BE REALLY PERFECTIONIST, ups......too late.......:lol:

Smirnoff
Superstar!
Inactive
1069 posts

Oh no another double post alert!

MegaGirl & G-Zero
Lead character
Inactive
204 posts

[quote]Originally posted by Kiryu
The Humor NaviCust program is the most USELESS power-up!
[Edited on 10-10-2004 by Kiryu] [/quote]

No kidding, it isn't even CLOSE to funny!